A promise ring is frequently given together the very first symbol that commitment in between two civilization in a romantic relationship. However, it does not signify a marriage proposal. This post explains when, how and what ring girlfriend should give as a promise ring.
You are watching: What is a promise ring mean for a girlfriend
When to provide a promise ring?
These room the most typical reasons why world give who a promise ring:
1. The relationship is new, and you or your household may think about it too quickly to acquire engaged, however you currently know the you desire to commit to your companion in a serious way.
2. Both that you are too young or not financially all set for a marriage, however you understand that you’ll constantly want to be together.
3. You could have to spend time life apart in various cities or countries. Because that example, due to the fact that of job-related or studies. In this case, a promise ring symbolises the strength of her long-distance commitment.
4. You can not afford an high-quality engagement ring best now, yet someday you will. A promise ring is a method to express significant commitment in the meantime.
Promise ring etiquette
There space a few important rules you should follow when giving a promise ring:
1. Be sure that you’re serious about your promise of lifelong commitment. A promise ring should not be offered lightly.
2. Explain clearly that the is no an engagement ring. Otherwise, your companion is likely to think you’re suggest marriage.
3. Because that the same factor as explained in suggest 2, don’t obtain down on one knee once you offer the ring. Instead, simply existing the ring box to them, and also let them open up it.
Should a promise ring it is in worn every the time?
Most human being like to wear a promise ring every the time and not take it off.
Some people prefer to wear your occasionally.
As a couple, you deserve to decide that together.
What finger must a promise ring be worn on?
It can be worn on any kind of finger.
However, it’s normally not worn ~ above the traditional ring finger so the it’s not confused for an engagement ring.
If the promise ring is a ‘stand-in’ ring for a proposal
You can wear a promise ring on her ring finger if you have bought the promise ring because that a proposal – in lieu the a ideal engagement ring i beg your pardon you’re to plan to choose later.
Then wearing the promise ring together a ‘stand-in’ on your ring finger renders perfect sense.
Other ways to stay a promise ring
Some people may additionally choose to wear your ring ~ above a chain roughly their neck.
Can a guy wear a promise ring?
Yes, both men and also women can wear them.
How much should a promise ring cost?
A promise ring have the right to be cheaper 보다 an engagement ring.
But together your companion will most likely wear it every the time, it have to be good enough top quality to withstand everyday use.
The thicker the precious metal band, and also the more difficult the gemstone, the better.
As with any important gift, to buy the best quality you have the right to afford.
What styles do promise rings come in?
Your ring should have actually a touch of personal style.
However, it should not it is in so ornate or fashionable the your companion will get tired of wearing it or they cannot integrate it with outfits.
Here are some ring layouts you should consider:
A solitary diamond ring, called a solitaire ring, is the most famous style because that engagement rings.
It is likewise often seen as the best style for promise rings.
2. Diamond cluster
If a solitaire diamond is too much for your budget, take into consideration a diamond swarm ring made of smaller stones.
Several little diamonds set together are more affordable than a solitaire.
Gemstones make beautiful choices to diamonds and can be an ext affordable.
However, be wary the ‘soft’ gemstones, such as opal, i m sorry are conveniently scratched or broken, or gems that are conveniently damaged through water, such as pearls. They are not an ideal for constant daily use.
Instead pick a continuous gem, such together a blue sapphire, pink sapphire, ruby, amethyst or blue topaz.
Emerald, aquamarine and quartz rings feature gems with medium-hard toughness. They’re still very durable yet require slightly more careful wear.
4. Trilogy rings
Three-stone rings, called trilogy rings, symbolise the past, the present and the future that a couple’s relationship.
The ide is based upon the traditional Irish trinity node ring.
This romantic significance makes 3-stone rings best as promise rings.
Choosing the valuable metal
Depending ~ above how regularly your far-reaching other will certainly wear their ring, select the precious metal carefully.
– For daily wear, jewellers introduce platinum as it’s the toughest and also the best; yet it’s likewise the most expensive.
– Gold is a good option since it’s beautiful and also lasting and comes in 9K or 18K choices, and also in white gold, yellow gold and rose gold colours. 9K gold is much more affordable than 18K gold.
– Silver if the many affordable, but likewise the softest of every precious metals so it have the right to bend and scratch easily. It’s a good option, however, if you’re top top a really tight budget and also your sweetheart will not stay the ring daily.*
*For everyday wear, rings made of silver, or really thin gold ring bands, space not ideal. They are usually supposed for occasional use and no crafted to withstand constant wear and tear.
Measuring ring size
Ring dimension is an extremely important. If the ring doesn’t fit, your gift recipient will be an extremely disappointed.
Measuring ring dimension is simple if girlfriend order a free ring size tool or visit a jeweller.
But if you desire to surprised your loved one, then finding the end the ring size can be a tiny trickier.
The easiest means to find out a ring size in mystery is with a ring sizer application for your iPhone or Android smartphone. Simply discover an currently ring the your partner already owns, download the app, then place the ring on your phone display to uncover out the size.
Order a free ring sizer tool
Giving someone a promise ring is a big deal and also it must not be done lightly.
Though no a proposal that marriage, it’s a heartfelt and serious symbol of lasting love and deep commitment.
See more: How Many Grams Is 1/8 Oz To G), How Many Grams Are In 1/8 Ounce
Therefore, choose the ring through love and care come ensure her loved one have the right to wear and cherish it for a lengthy time.