You are watching: What are the two pathways that might follow glycolysis
13. What space the 2 pathways that could follow glycolysis? What aspect can determine which of those pathways a cell might follow?
After glycolysis, if oxygen is avail- able, a cabinet might lug out the rest of to move respiration. If oxygen is not available, some cells bring out the remainder of fermentation.
14. Usage formulas to write a chemistry equation for cellular respiration. Brand the formulas with the name of the compounds
16. Exactly how is NAD+ involved in the assets of glycolysis? What wake up to a cell\"s NAD+ when large numbers the high energy electrons are developed in a short time?
NAD+ picks up high-energy electrons developed during glycolysis, creating NADH. The huge number that high- power electrons easily fills every one of the cell\"s available NAD+ molecules. There is no NAD+, the cabinet cannot store glycolysis going, and also ATP production stops.
17. Which two compounds react throughout fermentation? i beg your pardon of this compounds passes greater energy electrons to the other?
18. Compose the equations to show how lactic fermentation compares through alcoholic germentation. Which reactant(s) execute they have in common?
Lactic acid fermentation: glucose → lactic acid Alcoholic fermentation: glucose → alcohol CO2 Both have actually glucose as the reactant.
19. Exactly how are fermentation and cellular respiration similar? What is the main difference in between their beginning compounds?
Fermentation and also cellular respiration are both procedures that malfunction glucose and release the energy stored in the molecule. Both start with the procedure of glycolysis, which produces pyruvic acid. Moving respiration requires oxygen together a reactant. Fermentation wake up with- the end oxygen.
20. Summarize what happens during the krebs cycle. What happens to the high energy electrons generated throughout the krebs cycle?
During the Krebs cycle, pyruvic mountain is damaged down into carbon dioxide in a series of reaction that give off energy. The high-energy electrons the are developed are choose up through a series of electron carriers, and the power is offered to convert ADP right into ATP.
ATP synthase is a big protein with which hydrogen ion (H) pass, convert ADP into high- power ATP.
See more: Has A Rookie Qb Ever Won A Superbowl, Has A Rookie Qb Ever Won A Super Bowl
At the start of a race, runners\" energy comes from ATP that is current in your muscles and also that is produced by lactic mountain fermentation. As soon as runners gyeongju for around 20 minutes, your bodies use cellular respiration to use stored carbohydrate to do ATP. The human body stores power in muscle and other organization in the form of carbohydrate glycogen.
• moving respiration is the process that releases energy by breaking under glucose and other food molecules in the visibility of oxygen
• Glycolysis is the procedure in which one molecule the glucose is broken in half, creating two molecule of pyruvic acid, a 3-carbon compound
• Glycolysis captures two pairs of high-energy electrons through the carrier NAD+. Due to the fact that glycolysis does not require oxygen, it provides chemical energy to cells as soon as oxygen is not available