If you space unable to access iTunes as result of “iTunes Library.itl” cannot Be check out Error, you will find listed below the procedures to solve this problem on Mac and also Windows computer.
You are watching: The file itunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer
File “iTunes Library.itl” can not be check out Error
Users have reported gift unable to access iTunes Library indigenous their computer due come an error reading “File iTunes Library.itl can not Be Read since it was created by a newer Version of iTunes”.
This iTunes error normally occurs after installation updates on Mac and after upgrading iTunes ~ above a windows computer.
A an easy fix for this error is to replace the existing “iTunes Library.itl” record on your computer with the most recent previous version from “Previous iTunes Library” Folder.
If you are unable to discover “Previous iTunes Library” Folder, the problem can tho be solved by renaming iTunes Library.itl come iTunes Library.old.
However, this leader to loss of her iTunes Library, which you will have to rebuild native scratch.
1. Fix “iTunes Library.itl” can not be check out Error ~ above Mac
Follow the steps listed below to delete iTunes Library.itl paper on her Mac.
1. click on the Finder icon on your MacBook.
3. In walk to Folder window, type /Users/your username/Music and also click on Go.
4. In Music Folder, open iTunes Folder > right-click top top iTunes Library.itl record and Rename the document as iTunes Library.old.
5. Now, open up Previous iTunes Libraries Folder > pick iTunes Library.itl document with the many recent date and copy the file to iTunes Folder.
6. Rename the duplicated iTunes Library paper to iTunes Library.itl.
7. Restart iTunes on your Mac.
This have to fix the iTunes error on her Mac and also also help you recuperate your iTunes Library approximately the day of copied iTunes Library.itl File.
2. Fix “iTunes Library.itl” can not be read Error on windows PC
In case of windows computer, we are unable to find “Previous iTunes Library” Folder. Hence, the only available option in our situation was come disable the current Library.itl File.
1. Open document Explorer on her computer.
2. On paper Explorer screen, navigate to C:UsersMusiciTunes Folder and Rename iTunes Library.itl record to iTunes Library.old.
3. Restart iTunes on her computer.
Now, friend should be able to open iTunes without encountering any error messages. However, as stated above, you will be landing ~ above a blank Music Database.
How to recuperate Music Library there is no Previous iTunes Folder
If you execute not have the “Previous iTunes Folder” or any kind of Files in that Folder, you deserve to still fix the error by renaming iTunes Library.itl record to iTunes Library.old.
You will have the ability to start iTunes without any kind of problem, yet you will not uncover your Library in iTunes.
If you room on Mac, your iTunes Library need to be eventually downloaded, at any time iCloud data syncs v your Mac.
You may need to wait as it take away time because that iCloud data to sync come Mac, which need to hopefully bring earlier your library.
See more: Where Did The Word Hurricane Come From ? What Is The Origin Of The Word “Hurricane”
Windows individuals might have the ability to get back their iTunes Library using paper History back-up or by making use of a device Restore point.