I am LOOKING forward TO meet YOU I to be LOOKING forward TO meeting YOU. .and why please?

"I am looking forward to conference you" Is the exactly answer.

You are watching: I look forward to meeting with you

The verb is "to look forward to" = "to anticipate" (transitive = needs a direct object). So, the straight object have to be the gerund (noun) kind of the verb "to meet", i.e. Meeting.In contrast: "I"m waiting to accomplish you".

Only #2 is correct. The phrasal verb "look forward to" have to be adhered to by a noun or, as in this case, a gerund, i m sorry is a noun equivalent.

Best wishes, Clive

The actual trouble in this situation is, the "to" is a preposition here and NOT part of the infinitive! therefore the Gerund is required.

After verb+preposition, only the Gerund deserve to be used:

I"m fond of law sports. I"m looking front to seeing you. After some verbs, there"s only the infinitive with to that have the right to be used:

I wanted to watch you. -> Here, "to" is part of the infinitive and no preposition. ("I want seeing you" is not possible.) and after a couple of verbs, one of two people a preposition or an infinitive is possible; In some cases, the meaning doesn"t change, while in rather it go change:

a) I started to walk or I started walking. (same meaning) b) I stopped to acting cigarettes / ns stopped smoking cigarettes. (different meaning) there is already another thread around this adjust in meaning.

Sep 22 2003 21:27:28

ns AM LOOKING front TO conference YOU. See short article "To" + "ing". CJ
Aug 13 2006 16:33:13

Most learners get perplexed by the prototype to, reasoning that after “to” the bare kind of the verb must be followed. In fact, it"s the opposite. A framework with looking front to is constantly followed through a direct object (noun or gerund).

If you would think the a gerund as a noun, the following sentence might make an ext sense to you:

I am looking forward to my 2 week holidays in Hawaii. The straight object is the noun expression “my 2 main vacation”I to be looking front to spending two weeks off in Hawaii. The direct object is “spending 2 weeks”.

In # 2, "to invest 2 weeks off" is incorrect since it"s not a straight object. Go this help?

Nov 30 2006 19:51:15

Students: us have totally free audio joint exercises.

The expression look front to + ing (and others created in the same way) often cause learners confusion, because, once studying gerunds and also infinitives , they discover that words to is usually complied with by one infinitive:

I want to go. I need to see you. Ns promise to give it come him.

Because the this, learners tend to write/say i look front to see you, etc. This is incorrect.

The reason for this lies in the truth that the word to can be one infinitive marker (as in the three examples above), yet it can likewise be a preposition. Once to is a preposition, it can be adhered to either by a noun or by the -ing kind of the verb:

I look forward to our meeting. Ns look forward to meeting you.
Aug 21 2007 18:07:10
In british English, if you to be going to usage this phrase in a official letter, you have to write "I look forward to meeting you" , this and comparable phrases are often used come close letters. Informally, it would certainly be ok to usage "I am looking front to meeting you", but in the UK we would probably use " I"m " rather than " ns am ", therefore it would be "I"m looking front to meeting you"
Aug 26 2008 12:22:31
123456
Comments
Students: room you brave enough to let our tutors analyse your pronunciation?
Teachers: we supply a list of EFL job vacancies
The correct term is the one with meeting." ns am looking forward to meeting you" The clause "I to be looking forward" calls for a present participle. In other words the verb type ending in "ing"
Nov 30 2006 16:17:12
Goodman"s replywas advocated to one answer.