The current Marriage License Fee is made up of the following:$40.00 - Utah County Marriage License FeeIncluded - Two Certified Copies of Completed Marriage License (a paper copy and a digital copy)$10.00 - Children"s Defense Trust Fund-State Required Fee$20.00 - Utah Marriage Commission-State Required Fee*$10.00 - Victims of Domestic Violence Donation-Optional State Fee$15.00 - International Address Processing Fee-International Ship To Addressess Only$60.00 - International Shipping Fee-All Certificates sent via FedEx with Tracking for all International Ship To Addresses$70.00 - Base License Fee w/o Discount$50.00 - Base License Fee with Discount*$80.00 - License Fee w/Donation w/o Discount$60.00 - License Fee w/Donation and Discount*International Licensing Fees$145.00 - Base License Fee w/o Discount$125.00 - Base License Fee with Discount*$155.00 - License Fee w/Donation w/o Discount$135.00 - License Fee w/Donation and Discount**This fee can be waived by completing pre-marital education or counseling. To learn how to getthe discount, visit The discount also applies to anyone that completes their application in-person at the Utah County Passport and Marriage License Office.

You are watching: How long does it take to get to utah

How to ApplyComplete your marriage license application online, verify your identity online, and pay online by credit card or debit card. The license fee is non-refundable and includes two certified copies (a paper copy and a digital copy).Read the confirmation email containing the information about using your license and officiant worksheet.Print off the copy of the officiant worksheet to give to the individual performing your ceremony.Be sure your officiant follows the instructions in your email and on the worksheet for completing and submitting your license online to Utah County.If You Can"t Use the Online Application Or Just Need Help
If you need to pay your license fee by cash or check or if you would just prefer to complete your application in person, you can come into the Utah County Passport and Marriage License office during regular business hours.If you are not able to come into the office in person, are unable to use the online application system for any reason, or need help with any other marriage license service, you can use the button below to schedule a virtual office visit with a County Clerk over a video conference. All video conferences are conducted over Microsoft Teams.
MARRIAGE LICENSES EXPIRE 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUE! Licenses can be used immediately upon purchase, but must be used before/up to their expiration date. An expired license is no longer valid and a couple would need to get a new license to get married. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that a couple wait until 7 to 10 days prior to their marriage date to apply for their license. If you apply for a license too early and your wedding has to be delayed, you will have to pay to get a new license if your current one expires before your new date. There are no extensions or refunds possible under Utah State law.A license issued in Utah County may be used in anywhere within the State of UtahA government issued picture ID that shows a date of birth is required for all applicants.If a divorce has been granted within the last 60 days, you need to provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.If you were issued a paper marriage license and did not use it within 30 days from the date of issue, do not destroy it.Any expired marriage licenses issued as a paper copy must be returned to the Utah County Marriage License. Online only marriage licenses are issued electronically and are not required to be returned if expired.
Who May Perform a Marriage Ceremony?
The authority to officiate marriages is governed by Utah Code 30-1-6. The following list is a summary of the code: Ministers, Rabbis, or Priests of any religious denomination who are in regular communion with any religious society, and are 18 years of age or older. Native American spiritual advisors The Governor Mayors of Municipalities Justice Court Judges A Judge or Commissioner of a court of record The County Clerk, if the clerk chooses to officiate marriages The president of the Senate The speaker of the House of Representatives Judges or magistrates of the United States A judge or magistrate who holds office in Utah when retired, under rules set by the Supreme Court.
Individuals requesting a marriage license who are 16 or 17 years of age. (Note: The age difference between both parties to the marriage must be less than seven years.) A minor must obtain consent from a parent or legal guardian A parent or legal guardian must give sworn consent in person at the time of application, and must provide valid identification If the parents of the minor are divorced, consent shall be given by the parent having legal custody of the minor as evidenced by court documents or divorce decree If the parents of the minor are divorced and have been awarded joint custody of the minor, consent shall be given by the parent having physical custody of the minor the majority of the time as evidenced by court documents or divorce decree If the minor is not in the custody of a parent, the legal guardian shall provide the consent and provide proof of guardianship by court order as well as an oath of affirmation Certified copy of Birth Certificate Current valid picture identification Written authorization from a judge of the court exercising juvenile jurisdiction in the county where either party to the marriage resides; or a court commissioner as permitted by rule of the Judicial Council As of May 14, 2019 applicants 15 years of age and younger cannot obtain a marriage license under Utah State law
First Cousins
First cousins may marry if they are 65 years of age or older. If they are between 55 and 64 years of age, the district court in the county where they reside must find that either person is incapable of reproduction in order for them to be married.Qualifications: Any persons related to each other within and not including the fifth degree of consanguinity, except for cousins as stated above, may not be married.
What If I Can"t Apply in Person?
If one applicant is not able to appear in person at the office and the couple is unable to apply for a license using the online system, then the couple is welcome to schedule a virtual office visit. Both applicants can appear before a clerk over a video conference and complete their application. The clerk will complete their application, verify their indentity, and take their payment. Schedule a virtual office visit with the button below.Requirements for a Virtual Office Visit:Make an appointment using the button below.Upload the required documents in the appointment.Both applicants must appear before the clerk for the appointment.Schedule Virtual Office Visit
How Do I Change My Name?
We do not handle name changes through our office. We will send you a certified copy of your marriage license, which should be sufficient proof of your marriage to any government agency. Name changes are typically handled by the Social Security Administration and the Driver’s License Division.

See more: How Many Ml Is 5 Liters To Milliliters (L To Ml) Converter, Liters To Milliliters (L To Ml) Converter

For more information about Certified Copies, see the "Certified Copies" web page.
Strong, healthy, long-lasting relationships don"t just happen on their own.Whether you"re engaged, newlywed, remarried, or a seasoned married couple, The Utah Marriage Handbook has information, ideas, and resources that will help you strengthen your relationship with your partner. The Handbook is available as a downloadable eBook in English and Spanish.Download A Copy
FINANCE, INTERNAL AUDIT& ELECTIONS OFFICE:100 East Center StreetSuites 3600 (Finance & Audit) & 3100 (Elections)Provo, Utah 84606PASSPORTS, MARRIAGE LICENSE,& TAX ADMINISTRATION OFFICE:111 S University AveProvo, Utah 84601Main Phone: (801) 851-8109Email - General: Utah County Clerk/AuditorBoard of Equalization: Clerk of the BoardBudget & Finance: County Finance OfficeElections: Elections DivisionMarriage Licenses: Marriage License OfficePassports: Passport OfficePurchasing: County Purchasing Manager